Experiencing a Loving God & Loving People
Each week we want you to be able to experience the love of God through the great music, encouraging messages, friendly people and creative atmosphere that are a part of the New Life Church experience. We know that your first time at a church, any church, brings up some questions:
- What makes this church unique?
New Life Church adheres to a unique philosophy of ministry. Our weekend services present the timeless truths of Christianity in a way that impacts people in their lives today. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, you can grow in your understanding of Christianity at these services. In addition, we have a network of small groups that meet throughout the week. These groups foster relationships and spiritual growth.
- What should I wear?
Casual clothes are the norm at New Life. So feel free to leave the suit and tie at home!
- What happens when I arrive?
You may park in the main parking lot. At the main entrance the first people you will meet will welcome you and answer any questions you may have. If managing stairs is difficult, a Lift is located to the right of the steps outside the main entrance. We will never single you out during the service, but if you feel comfortable you will have an opportunity to sign on a communication card so that we can get to know you better. You can complete as much information as you feel comfortable with and turn it in when the offering is received during the service.
As you enter the Worship Center, stop by the New Life fellowship area located in the lower level and enjoy coffee, tea, cookies, and donuts. You can take it to your seat to enjoy during the gathering.
- Where will I sit?
You may choose to sit at any of the chairs in the worship space.
- How long will the service last?
The weekend services at New Life typically last about an hour and 15 minutes.
- What should I expect in service?
Our service generally starts with with a song before everyone is welcomed and announcements are made. Then our musical worship begins. This is our time to express our worship to God through music. After a time of prayer, the message of the day begins. Messages are Biblical, relevant, practical, creative, and usually are a part of a series of messages. We generally end with more music which allows us to respond to God's message.
After service, stop by our Connections Table for more information on our church. Stick around and meet Lead Pastor Rex and his wife Laura and other friendly family members. This is a great opportunity for you to experience a loving God and loving people.
- Will I have to say/sign/give anything, or be singled out in any way?
At New Life, you'll never be put on the spot, never singled-out, and never embarrassed. You won't be asked to participate in the offering. Our hope is that you'll let the service be our gift to you and that you'll know we're here for you!
- What is available for kids?
Our children's ministry provides an exciting experience for infants, toddlers, and kids through sixth grade. This allows you to get the most from your experience at New Life Church while your child is receiving high levels of care, attention, teaching - and fun! Education is provided for the following ages on Sunday morning during the service:
- Nursery (Children ages Birth - 1 year) 8:30 & 10:30am - Your child(ren) is provided with a safe and caring nursery, staffed by qualified childcare volunteers who enjoy caring and praying for children in a comforting environment.
- Preschool (Children ages 2-4) 10:30am - Your child(ren) is provided with a safe and fun area designed with interactive activities and caring adults who instruct children through love and respect.
- Elementary (Age 5 - 5th grade) 10:30am - Your child(ren) is treated to an exciting, educational, and entertaining experience. Our caring volunteers create a themed lesson every week that stimulates children to discover and become exactly who God has created them to be.
- Is this a Christian church ... or something else?
Though non-traditional in style, New Life Church is deeply committed to the eternal truths of the Christian faith. New Life Church is a Purpose Driven Church associated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
Our vision is simple: Our mission is to partnership with God in turning people from Dubuque and surrounding communities that are far from Him into fully reproducible followers of Jesus.
However, what truly defines a church is not simply its doctrine, but its values. New Life's values shape who we are. Below are New Life’s core values:
- Lost people matter to God, therefore they matter to us.
- The church must be culturally relevant and doctrinally pure.
- Life change happens best through anointed teaching, relationships, and small groups.
- Every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed and deployed.
- Authentic Christ followers have a commitment to grow.
- God is honored in excellence.
- Focus will be on the things that unite us, not things that divide us.